image

image

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow

As winter blankets our area in a beautiful bounty of soft white snow, I feel blessed. I am home, warm, safe and relaxing. I have fed the birds who are so grateful they are singing on my balcony. I have made some rich hot chocolate and am relishing its warmth and flavor.

The joys of life are readily available and free for all who avail themselves to them. As our year winds down, I have much for which to be grateful. While we have had many challenges this year, most especially my husband's health issues, and the loss of all of our beloved 4-legged children-- our wonderful cats. We mourn the loss of them; we loved them so and they brought so much joy into our lives. Their spirits and our memories of them will always be with us. With all of this year's challenges, we are still here-- together-- and more dedicated to our relationship than ever.

Our anniversary is Christmas Eve. We are planning to spend an evening out to dinner together-- somewhere nice. This is something we have not done in a very long time. It hasn't been in our budget; cancer is expensive but we deserve it and want to celebrate our good. We just found out my husband is currently in remission. I remember a time when we had plenty of income and eating out became so routine, that we missed eating at home! Funny how life unfolds. Now, it's really a treat to go out to eat so we will certainly enjoy it.

Our son is moving across the country. He will only be here a few more weeks. This makes us sad but we understand he is following his bliss and while we will certainly miss him, we are happy for him too. Guess we will all have to learn to use skype!!

I can hardly believe I am the age that I am. I still wonder where all the years have gone. But I am still full of energy, healthy, determined and dedicated to using my life to be in service. This is something I have done since I was a child. My family had strong values and giving and serving were among our lessons learned.

I am so thankful that I never lost my desire to grow, to serve, to move forward on this journey, to stand up for the things which I feel are right and just, and I celebrate and honor YOU. Each one who crosses my path is a teacher and each one is a student, just like me!

Happiest of holy days to all-- come visit us at our spiritual center's new location in Reisterstown in the new year-- we'd love to meet you.

http://www.centercl.org


Blessings to all

No comments:

Post a Comment